Who’s 5 Players Come back in Pakistan Team against Sri Lanka?
Pakistan cricket board announced the 16-member squad for the series against Sri Lanka including 5 players that come back. Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan, Usman Shinwari, Mohammad Nawaz and Abid Ali are selected by the selection committee, on merit and domestic cricket performance. These players have chance to play 3 matches ODI’s series starting from 27 September October 2 in Karachi.
- Iftikhar Ahmed: Pakistan middle order batsman Iftikhar Ahmed return to national cricket team after 4 years. Iftikhar ahamd, who has returned to the national cricket team, has participated in 1 Test, 1 T20 and 2 one-day matches. Iftikhar Ahmed made debut against England in 2015 and play 1st ODI match at Abu Dhabi but score only 5 runs. In 2nd match, Iftikhar Ahmed was dismissed for 3 runs and dropped from the team.After being dropped from the national team, Iftikhar Ahmed once again go to domestic cricket to overcome his shortcomings. In 79 first class matches so far, Iftikhar Ahmed has scored 3254 runs at an average of 51.65. Iftikhar Ahmed’s best score is 138 runs not out and he score 8 centuries and 19 half centuries. The 29-year-old Iftekhar Ahmed, also off-spin bowler with middle-order batsman.
- Muhammd Nawaz: Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz also comeback to national team after 1 year. On this occasion, the all-rounder acknowledged that he overcome on his batting flaws and weakness. He said that in the past his batting was inconsistent, but he believe that he will the best all-rounder in the series against Sri Lanka. All rounder said that the focus of the athlete on fitness and so proper training for the series against Sri Lanka. After end of the training camp all the players’ fitness has improved significantly.
- Muhammad Rizwan: The 27-year-old pakistan wicket keeper also returned to the national cricket team after six months. The wicket keeper batsman said, ” He has been traveling with the national cricket team for the past 3 years. He always come out on the field with the promise of doing their best”. Wicketkeeper batsman Mohammad Rizwan says, a cricketer goes through the process of learning all his life. He said, he learned a lot from the experience of captain Sarfraz Ahmed.
- Usman Shinwari: Fast bowler Usman Shinwari, who has been away from the national cricket team for 6 months, is also happy to be back. Fast bowler said, “I have a good record against Sri Lanka, If i got chance to play then I will give best match wining performance against the guest team.
- Abid Ali: Pakistan right handed batsman abid ali, who did not succeed to get chance to play for the World Cup 2019 now is part of 16-member squad for the ODI series against Sri Lanka. In press conference opener batsmen told that that continued training at the National Cricket Academy during off-season. They believe in hard work. He said that if he gets a chance to play in the series against Sri Lanka, he will perform well.